Easy to bake, fast to finish! This new article explains why organic, gluten free recipes are the best thing since slide bread!
Many people associate food with emotions. In our generation, it was common to tell mom about something that was upsetting us. It was common that a mother’s solution to most problems was that a cookie has the magic power to make everything better. In our childhood, that seemed fine! Even in teen years, ice creamed had the superpower to mend a broken heart. Now, our adult brains have successfully associated food with our emotions. Break the food curse today!
How to identify that you are emotionally eating:
- Are you eating when you aren’t even hungry?
- Did you have a bad day at work, and the only solution is a week-old piece of cake?
Food is comforting. This has been proven true time and time again. The biggest reason for our body craving certain foods over others is a deficiency in vitamins and cortisol. Cortisol is a hormone released by your brain whenever you become stressed. Chocolate is the major troublemaker when it comes to satisfying cortisol. Cocoa sends a message to your brain which boosts the “feel good” transmitters. It is important to
Solutions to emotional eating:
- Emotions can easily trigger hunger. Before you go find find, give yourself a reality check!
- Start eating Paleo! By eliminating the sugary and fatty foods from your diet, you remove the temptation to overeat.
- If it is a beautiful day, get out of the house and get active! Getting active to boost your heart rate will help you burn fat and crave the proper protein-packed foods.
- If you feel a craving coming on, distract yourself! Your brain in convinced it is hungry because it has nothing else to do!
Here at Evolve Paleo Chef, we strongly believe in transitioning to the Paleo diet to cut back on bad food intake and cleanse your body of toxins. Turn to the Paleo lifestyle to kick your unhealthy emotional eating habits to the curb!